"What is the Democrats' message?"

Note the quotes in the thread title. It's not a question, it's a quote, it's what Republicans here ask pretty often.

So here's your answer: The Democrats' message is Trump and the Republicans hate you.

Okay, now you now. The message is, if you're young, old, female, agnostic, gay, black, brown, or poor, Trump and the Republicans hate you. So, Republicans, you don't have to like it or agree with it or think that it's fair. And since many of those groups are quickly increasing in number, more and more people are believing it. It has nothing do to with jobs or incomes or the stock market. This is personal.

So here's a question: What are you going to do about that, specifically? Or do you feel you don't need to do anything?
it's all pretty jr high schoolyard crap on both sides.

the dems basic message / path is a direct rip off from trump. run a platform to undo what the last guy did.

we'll see how well it works for the dems.

The Dems' advantage is in demographics, and they know it.

The Republicans somehow don't seem to care about this.

That's what happens when a political majority that is rapidly losing its demographic influence Gerrymanders its way in to power in spite of those demographics, and tries to drag a democratic society in a direction that it does not want to go.

It's also what happens when the greedy haves in a society buy up as much political influence among said rapidly diminishing majority for the sole purpose of concentrating as much wealth and resources as possible in to as few hands as possible before the wheels inevitably fall off.

The fact that both of those things occurred in coordination with each other makes America 2018 all the more entertaining.

Bear in mind that what we are witnessing is a long-game by conservatives, led by the Christian right, to consolidate undue power beginning in the early 1970's when they saw that the pathway to maintaining national power in spite of the demographic changes favoring the tolerance and protection of America's freaks and weirdos was through the state legislatures and local elections.

Shame The Devil and tell the truth, it was a well played long-term political strategy, but even the guys who conceived of it probably predicted the wheels would eventually fall off. Just goes to show how personal agendas and personal profit can be put ahead of democracy, country and society
Agreed.

I do think what has made this far worse for them in the long run is the introduction of those voices who have completely led them astray, convincing them that giving an inch or even communicating equates to abject surrender, capitulation. Their very thought processes have literally been changed over the last 30 years, to the point where I believe them when they say they don't know what to do.

Your primary advice is to continue to destroy any republicans even accused of racism.

That,

A, destroys good people and loses elections and offices that we can't afford to lose.

and

B. supports the bullshit myth of the GOP as the party of racism.

Where do you get "racism" out of that? :dunno:

The post rightly points out that extremist thinking is the problem.... and extremists come in all styles and colors.

Note the quotes in the thread title. It's not a question, it's a quote, it's what Republicans here ask pretty often.

So here's your answer: The Democrats' message is Trump and the Republicans hate you.

Okay, now you now. The message is, if you're young, old, female, agnostic, gay, black, brown, or poor, Trump and the Republicans hate you. So, Republicans, you don't have to like it or agree with it or think that it's fair. And since many of those groups are quickly increasing in number, more and more people are believing it. It has nothing do to with jobs or incomes or the stock market. This is personal.

So here's a question: What are you going to do about that, specifically? Or do you feel you don't need to do anything?

the dems basic message / path is a direct rip off from trump. run a platform to undo what the last guy did.

That's what happens when a political majority that is rapidly losing its demographic influence Gerrymanders its way in to power in spite of those demographics, and tries to drag a democratic society in a direction that it does not want to go.

It's also what happens when the greedy haves in a society buy up as much political influence among said rapidly diminishing majority for the sole purpose of concentrating as much wealth and resources as possible in to as few hands as possible before the wheels inevitably fall off.

The fact that both of those things occurred in coordination with each other makes America 2018 all the more entertaining.

Bear in mind that what we are witnessing is a long-game by conservatives, led by the Christian right, to consolidate undue power beginning in the early 1970's when they saw that the pathway to maintaining national power in spite of the demographic changes favoring the tolerance and protection of America's freaks and weirdos was through the state legislatures and local elections.

Shame The Devil and tell the truth, it was a well played long-term political strategy, but even the guys who conceived of it probably predicted the wheels would eventually fall off. Just goes to show how personal agendas and personal profit can be put ahead of democracy, country and society
Agreed.

I do think what has made this far worse for them in the long run is the introduction of those voices who have completely led them astray, convincing them that giving an inch or even communicating equates to abject surrender, capitulation. Their very thought processes have literally been changed over the last 30 years, to the point where I believe them when they say they don't know what to do.

Your primary advice is to continue to destroy any republicans even accused of racism.

That,

A, destroys good people and loses elections and offices that we can't afford to lose.

and

This idiot believes the GOP is the party of racism.

Well..... not everyone in the GOP is racist, but most of the white racists probably call themselves Republican or Conservative.

Minority racists and participants in 'alternative lifestyles' who truly hate everyone who doesn't participate are most likely going to identify as Democrat or Liberal, but they are comparatively quiet if not rare, and in possession of very little political power. Even if they successfully banded together, the political power wielded by such a coalition would pale when compared to the concept of "White Nationalism" in 21st Century America.

`

"What's the Democrats' message?" is something most Republicans these days have to ask because they're too fuckin' stupid to do basic research.

I run a small business and for the life of me I just don't comprehend the modern Republican talking points, which go something like, "Low taxes and cutting burdensome regulations will help small businesses."

Um, no, speaking as a socially progressive/fiscal conservative, DEMAND helps my business. Paying a couple grand less in taxes is alright, but it's negated by the fact that healthcare costs keep rising. And there isn't any regulation standing in my way.

I want demand. Demand is what makes me prosper, not meager little tax cuts while they give the majority of them to billionaires that don't need them. I want increased demand and want more people making more money so they can spend it in the economy. We still have rampant wage stagnation. Wage stagnation is the thing that affects small business owners the most. That's what's standing in our way.

Cost of living continues to outpace wages. From a basic capitalistic view, I had to switch over to the Democrats in my lifetime because their policies literally put more money in the hands of more people, which in effect is the action of trickling down the prosperity that Republicans pay lip service to, but which they never actually DO when they're in power.

All they seem to do nowadays is distract their simpleminded base with targets & strawmen while they rob them blind, just the way they did w/Trump's tax cut, which is a total scam in the long run on the little guy.

We need a real plan to raise wages in this country. When more $ goes to real people, they spend it and small businesses do better as a result, and local economies do bette. No tax cut and no cut in regulations can offset that and Democrats "get" this basic free market concept in a way Republicans just don't, even though they flap their gums a lot about it.
Exactly.

Nearly 70% of GDP is tied to consumer spending. It stands to reason then that the best way to significant, sustained economic growth is through higher wages for the bulk of consumers and not through tax cuts for the wealthy and corps.

Rather than an average annual savings of $1200 the tax cuts produced, the Dems would like to see that same increase monthly through higher wages.

If it helps, there actually is a plan.....

We're trying to screw the Chinese out of their vision of China being the economic standard of the future.

China is busy building a manufacturing middle class hoping to sell us goods while we are busy funneling America's wealth in to the hands of 117 people and 5 corporations who, even if they each needed 13 refrigerators, are going to make a piss-poor market for keeping all those Chinese factories busy.

:muahaha:

Agreed.

That,

and

This idiot believes the GOP is the party of racism.

Well..... not everyone in the GOP is racist, but most of the white racists probably call themselves Republican or Conservative.

Minority racists and participants in 'alternative lifestyles' who truly hate everyone who doesn't participate are most likely going to identify as Democrat or Liberal, but they are comparatively quiet if not rare, and in possession of very little political power. Even if they successfully banded together, the political power wielded by such a coalition would pale when compared to the concept of "White Nationalism" in 21st Century America.

`
I wonder why that is....

It is almost like white people aren't allowed to have group interests even though it is an absurd concept not to have them in a multiracial society where everyone else takes those interests for granted....

Mac, I respect the heck out of you for asking real questions to both sides, but I still don't know what you are looking for here. What PR stuff do you think the gop has to do? I know the media is pounding the message that republicans hate all minorities and women. What makes this really tough is that you say the issues don't matter. So the gop can't say that common sense helps everybody. So I assume you want some massive PR campaign that says no, we don't hate you. There are many minority conservatives in government, and the left destroys them. It is sick that the 'they hate you' message applies even to minority conservatives. You say the gop is ignoring this problem, and that saying nothing can be done is a cop out. I think the biggest problem the gop has is that they think it is obvious that common sense policy helps everybody. You are correct, policy won't do a darn thing. This is tough, and I'm sure the gop is looking for something to turn the tide. If someone had the answer, they definately would be doing it. Bright 'We love everybody' buttons with a fancy jingle?

What mac is saying is that the GOP has to respond on Democrat terms and Democrat issues and make Democrat concerns the center of their own efforts.
A recipe for more republican surrender and defeat.

"What's the Democrats' message?" is something most Republicans these days have to ask because they're too fuckin' stupid to do basic research.

I run a small business and for the life of me I just don't comprehend the modern Republican talking points, which go something like, "Low taxes and cutting burdensome regulations will help small businesses."

Um, no, speaking as a socially progressive/fiscal conservative, DEMAND helps my business. Paying a couple grand less in taxes is alright, but it's negated by the fact that healthcare costs keep rising. And there isn't any regulation standing in my way.

I want demand. Demand is what makes me prosper, not meager little tax cuts while they give the majority of them to billionaires that don't need them. I want increased demand and want more people making more money so they can spend it in the economy. We still have rampant wage stagnation. Wage stagnation is the thing that affects small business owners the most. That's what's standing in our way.

Cost of living continues to outpace wages. From a basic capitalistic view, I had to switch over to the Democrats in my lifetime because their policies literally put more money in the hands of more people, which in effect is the action of trickling down the prosperity that Republicans pay lip service to, but which they never actually DO when they're in power.

All they seem to do nowadays is distract their simpleminded base with targets & strawmen while they rob them blind, just the way they did w/Trump's tax cut, which is a total scam in the long run on the little guy.

We need a real plan to raise wages in this country. When more $ goes to real people, they spend it and small businesses do better as a result, and local economies do bette. No tax cut and no cut in regulations can offset that and Democrats "get" this basic free market concept in a way Republicans just don't, even though they flap their gums a lot about it.

Translation...”if people decide to save their money rather than spend it on my ridiculous little business I need the government to take their money and spend it for them”

It also works with big business of course. If people refused to buy shitty GM cars then Obama was there in 2008 to seize their money and give it to GM anyhow as a bailout.

unemployment claims at record lows
black unemployment the lowest in 30 years
American companies expanding in america
new trade deals favorable to americans being put in place
north korea coming to the table for the first time
American workers seeing larger paychecks and bonuses
None of the things you list are the top of the list of priorities of many minorities, a rapidly growing group.

They prefer handouts to jobs?
There's a good example of my point.

No it isn’t. It’s a good reply. You said minorities didn’t care about jobs. And the democrats offer handouts.

White people need to shut up.

And the audience is cheering. I don't think these people can be topped when it comes to racism. Hitler would have had difficult time coming with such rhetoric.

She is the new voice of the groveling, self hating Marxist the Democrats seek out to silence a majority of the country.
Was. She resigned already in a sex scandal.

You assume that Americans that fit into those "demographics" are as shallow as the left. How bizarre is it that you morons think you are entitled to their votes simply because you play identity politics.
The numbers bear it out. Those who play Identity Politics have been very successful.

That doesn't make it right. It's cynical, cowardly, dishonest and insulting. But here we are.

My question is, what is the GOP going to do about it? The answer appears to be "Huh? What? Mango!"
And yet you want the GOP to reject identity politics....

You assume that Americans that fit into those "demographics" are as shallow as the left. How bizarre is it that you morons think you are entitled to their votes simply because you play identity politics.
The numbers bear it out. Those who play Identity Politics have been very successful.

That doesn't make it right. It's cynical, cowardly, dishonest and insulting. But here we are.

My question is, what is the GOP going to do about it? The answer appears to be "Huh? What? Mango!"

are you suggesting that the GOP take on the corrupt tactics of the dems? Are you suggesting that the GOP lie to people like the dems?

I don't think you give amercans enough credit to understand what is going on.
I keep asking the same question and all I get is deflection and denial.

So, I think I have my answer.

You refuse to hear the answer every time because you already had an answer you liked. Why did you even ask?

what to YOU think the GOP should be doing?
I laid it out in Post 201, and was told clearly that it's not going to happen. So, okay, there's my answer.

Yes. You want us to destroy some of our most successful spokesmen for racism, to show that we are not racist, and to reach out to those who believe we are racist.

Because making the conversation about how racist we are, will convince them that we are not racist.

Can you see how I find that, not good?
Well, honesty would be a good start, especially with people who don't trust you.

Again, as I keep saying, if you don't feel you need to reach out, great. That's your choice.

I think it should be sinking in to you by now. Our answer is that outpandering Democrats is not in the interest of the country.
And that’s really the only solution you will accept. “How will you Republicans out pander the democrats with minorities.”
And don’t pretend you fear a left wing takeover. That ship has sailed. The democrats are run by the loony left already.

Last edited:
There is nothing more racist than a Democrat assumingvthat becausebyour name is Diaz or Hernandez then you automatically support overturning the rule of law and turning your country into the shithole ancestors fled.

unemployment claims at record lows
black unemployment the lowest in 30 years
American companies expanding in america
new trade deals favorable to americans being put in place
north korea coming to the table for the first time
American workers seeing larger paychecks and bonuses
None of the things you list are the top of the list of priorities of many minorities, a rapidly growing group.

They prefer handouts to jobs?
There's a good example of my point.

No it isn’t. It’s a good reply. You said minorities didn’t care about jobs. And the democrats offer handouts.
I didn't say minorities don't care about jobs. I said they have a higher priority.

Life isn't binary. You can care about more than one thing at a time.

Let's try to keep this honest.

"Nothing"
I laid it out in Post 201, and was told clearly that it's not going to happen. So, okay, there's my answer.

Yes. You want us to destroy some of our most successful spokesmen for racism, to show that we are not racist, and to reach out to those who believe we are racist.

Because making the conversation about how racist we are, will convince them that we are not racist.

Well, honesty would be a good start, especially with people who don't trust you.

Again, as I keep saying, if you don't feel you need to reach out, great. That's your choice.

I think it should be sinking in to you by now. Our answer is that outpandering Democrats is not in the interest of the country.
And that’s really the only solution you will accept. “How will you Republicans out pander the democrats with minorities.
And don’t pretend you fear a left wing takeover. That ship has sailed. The democrats are run by the loony left already.
Democrats have moved so far left for so long now that Mac thought it could go on forever.

He doesn't realize they are already at the very end of the spectrum.

And yet you want the GOP to reject identity politics....
Yes. So you have found yourself in a real bind by ignoring and enabling the worst elements of your party.

Oh well. That does sound like a problem to me.

are you suggesting that the GOP take on the corrupt tactics of the dems? Are you suggesting that the GOP lie to people like the dems?

I don't think you give amercans enough credit to understand what is going on.
I keep asking the same question and all I get is deflection and denial.

So, I think I have my answer.

You refuse to hear the answer every time because you already had an answer you liked. Why did you even ask?
Am I missing something? You're not going to do anything.

Is that incorrect?

"Nothing"

And that’s really the only solution you will accept. “How will you Republicans out pander the democrats with minorities.”
The Regressives have taken over a party. And next they're going to take over the country.

Do you understand the difference?

Okay, now you now. The message is, if you're young, old, female, agnostic, gay, black, brown, or poor, Trump and the Republicans hate you. So, Republicans, you don't have to like it or agree with it or think that it's fair. And since many of those groups are quickly increasing in number, more and mor

You tried this last election. Didn’t work. And isn’t even logical.
The young aren’t increasing. Thanks to liberal policies. The old are thanks to medical care...but they remember America. It’s why democrats so often say they can’t wait for oldcwhites to die. Females aren’t increasing. The gender ratio is what it has always been. Blacks are still a minority and people will get richer not poorer undervtrump so the poor won’t be increasing percentage of the population.

The Regressives have taken over a party. And next they're going to take over the country.

Do you understand the difference?

They took over the country. Haven’t you noticed?

Forum List

Back