"You didn't get there on your own"

oh yeah, that is a good reason to be poor, but it's not factual. People are poor for many reasons, but empathy is not one of your strong suits is it?

get off your high horse, what he said is TRUE..they are free to become NOT POOR in this country. EVERYONE IS

true even if you are parapallegic,you should pull your own wieght in society.

Are you saying that paraplegics are useless and have nothing to offer society? Go tell it to Steven Hawking.

And while we're on the subject, what you're showing isn't "empathy". It's pity. You can tell the difference by how yours is negative and crippling to the people you direct it at.

oh yeah, that is a good reason to be poor, but it's not factual. People are poor for many reasons, but empathy is not one of your strong suits is it?

get off your high horse, what he said is TRUE..they are free to become NOT POOR in this country. EVERYONE IS

I am guessing your christian ideals have led you to help people when thy are down and in need of help?

I am guessing your lack of Christian ideals has led you to leave it up to the government to "help" people?

And without roads, Jose's tamales and the customers would have never met. Without a safe food supply, Jose probably would have tainted his customers. Without police protection, some thug would have stolen Jose's money...
Infrastructure follows busniess. Always.

So why is the infrastructure back east falling apart? Did they stop doing business?

So much money is going out on the comfort of the poor, there's nothing left for anything else.

This is the speech where Obama and the Dems finally came out of their Marxist closet.

Dems 2012: Embrace your inner Mao

This thread is a perfect example as to why not everyone should own a business. You bust your butt, you work long days, sometimes with little or no sleep, you risk everything you've earned, you deal with the Federal Government and it's taxes, you deal with the State Government and it's taxes, you deal with the County Government and it's taxes, you deal with the City Government and it's taxes paying them all, never blinking an eye.

You hire employees, pay them, match their Federal taxes for SS and Medicare, pay the state Unemployment tax, get mandated Worker's Compensation and General Liablity Insurance and yet you're the bad guy, you're the one that's just not paying enough. Don't forget about the rent and utilities necessary to house the business. Some make money, some get by, some shut their doors.

When I hire people, I'm compensating them for their time. It's a contract agreed on by two people. You don't have to work for me if you don't like the contract terms. Then they get to go home with their paychecks, yet they are the risk takers, they are the entitled person??

You know, what about me and my family...........Obama doesn't give a crap about us, heck Americans that don't agree with him are his enemies. I think he has managed to make enough small business owners angry enough to get them to the voting booth in November. ;)

Last edited:
National Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Road

Construction of the Cumberland Road (which later became part of the National Road) was authorized on March 29, 1806, by President Thomas Jefferson. The Cumberland Road would replace the Braddock Road for travel between the Potomac and Ohio Rivers, following roughly the same alignment until just east of Uniontown, Pennsylvania. From there, where the Braddock Road turned north to Pittsburgh, the Cumberland Road would continue west to Wheeling, West Virginia (then part of Virginia), also on the Ohio River.

The contract for the construction of the first section was awarded to Henry McKinley on May 8, 1811,[3] and construction began later that year, with the road reaching Wheeling on August 1, 1818

So the government built a fucking highway, and that somehow gives them the right to plunder the wealth of this country in order to line their own pockets and and make their already rich supporters even richer?? What am I missing here.

Even the most notorious villains in history did a few good things. I heard that Adolph Hitler would occasionally pet a dog. Jeffry Dahmer once was known to drop a coin or two into the Salvation Army kettle. So fucking what?

Is Obama meeting his responsibilities to the American taxpayers? A simple “yes” or “no” is all that is needed. If he is getting enough tax dollars, why are we having so damn many financial problems? If he is not getting enough revenue to take care of America's problems then why in the hell is he sending so much of taxpayer dollars overseas? Obama is loony tunes. The most overrated individual in all of human history.

Obama's legacy, other than the destruction of the Country will be this: He has turned more people into millionaires and more millionaires into billionaires than any other President on history. And the turd masquerades as the savior of the poor and downtrodden. Puke!

So the government built a fucking highway, and that somehow gives them the right to plunder the wealth of this country in order to line their own pockets and and make their already rich supporters even richer?? What am I missing here.
WHY did the government build the road?
Because of the commerce taking place in and through the area.
Commerce came first, then government.

So, business should thank government for not taking more of what isn't theirs in the first place?

And just who is paying for this "labor and effort of others"?

Just like a republican to have such a narcissistic and self-centered point of view.
They cannot admit that it takes more than an idea to have it work.
If you think your hard-work alone and your money alone makes a business thrive then you have the narcissistic attitude and reality in now way shape or form can make you see the truth.

BULL SHIT!!

There is no other way to label this stink pile. My companies success or not is mine and mine alone.

National Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Road

Construction of the Cumberland Road (which later became part of the National Road) was authorized on March 29, 1806, by President Thomas Jefferson. The Cumberland Road would replace the Braddock Road for travel between the Potomac and Ohio Rivers, following roughly the same alignment until just east of Uniontown, Pennsylvania. From there, where the Braddock Road turned north to Pittsburgh, the Cumberland Road would continue west to Wheeling, West Virginia (then part of Virginia), also on the Ohio River.

The contract for the construction of the first section was awarded to Henry McKinley on May 8, 1811,[3] and construction began later that year, with the road reaching Wheeling on August 1, 1818

Even the most notorious villains in history did a few good things. I heard that Adolph Hitler would occasionally pet a dog. Jeffry Dahmer once was known to drop a coin or two into the Salvation Army kettle. So fucking what?

Is Obama meeting his responsibilities to the American taxpayers? A simple “yes” or “no” is all that is needed. If he is getting enough tax dollars, why are we having so damn many financial problems? If he is not getting enough revenue to take care of America's problems then why in the hell is he sending so much of taxpayer dollars overseas? Obama is loony tunes. The most overrated individual in all of human history.

Obama's legacy, other than the destruction of the Country will be this: He has turned more people into millionaires and more millionaires into billionaires than any other President on history. And the turd masquerades as the savior of the poor and downtrodden. Puke!

Hitler promoted development and production of the Volkswagon.

Obama promoted development and production of the Chevy Volt.

There's an analogy there. :cool:

And paid for by working people.

Yea the road should have got there with all the free government money, taxpayers didn't have a darn thing to do with it and business owners didn't need that dang road to their place.

Irrelevant to the point, which you likely do not understand.

The commerce was there - government did not create it, cause it or compell it -- government REACTED to it -- the people who engaged in that commerce "got there" on their own; once they were there, government caught up.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back