Congress has already disqualified Trump from the ballot

Nope! A clear and decisive majority... 58 Senators found him guilty, to the 42 that found Trump not guilty.....and at least 10 of the 42 Senators came to the floor to speak saying he was guilty, BUT because the impeachment trial came after Trump had already left office and there was no need to remove him, he was already gone....they voted no. And some other excuses too!
So? Still exonerated, Simp.

An excellent opinion piece from Tristan Snell on CNN explains that in the course of Trump's second impeachment, a majority of the House and of the Senate voted that the events of January 6 were an insurrection and that Trump incited it. If the Supreme Court does not obey the clear text of our Constitution, this democracy is at an end.

I believe Congress can ban Trump from office with a simple majority vote.
However, I disagree that the impeachment votes can be considered as choosing this action. Despie drawing majorities in both houses.
If the Congress, both Houses, were to vote on this bill or I believe such a vote would ban Trump from any federal office with a simple majority vote of each House.

However, I disagree that the impeachment votes can be considered as choosing this action. Despie drawing majorities in both houses.
If the Congress, both Houses, were to vote on this bill or I believe such a vote would ban Trump from any federal office with a simple majority vote of each House.
Not gonna happen. Even some democrats are against banning Trump from running.

Trump was exonerated in his second 'impeachment'. Therefore this 'opinion' is worthless. In fact it creates the opposite conditions you are claiming in regards to the 14th.
He was not exonerated.
Impeachment is not a criminal process, it is a political one.
He was acquitted because,despite a clear majority voting to convict, the majority wasn't 2/3.
It is dishonest to say he was "exonerated," e.g. "innocent."

Not gonna happen. Even some democrats are against banning Trump from running.
Perhaps you're on the wrong thread.
This is a discussion about banning Trump from holding office.
Not banning Trump from running.

Glasses?

Based on what?

Forum List

Back