The Republican Jesus

Nobody said he did. He said give the government what is due the government and give God what is due God.

He was saying pay taxes and obey the laws of the land. Jesus himself, from what I understand, didn't start his ministry until he was 30 because that was the law of the land (that is what I recall someone telling me anyway).

I have never read that. For example, John the Baptist was his very same age and was already in ministry when Jesus began.

John was jesus cousin and a few months older.

Um yes I know, they were the same age, and John the Baptist was already in ministry and had a substantial following when Jesus started His ministry. So if it were "illegal" to minister before the age of 30, John would have been illegal and the Bible would have presumably mentioned this. But I have never heard of such a law anywhere.

John was older by a few months read the bible, john was jesus cousin.

How drunk are you at the moment, because I never denied Jesus was John's cousin nor his age. Do try to keep up

I don't think you and bear513 should be arguing.

I think you are both on the same side with regards to most things.

It's that racist IM2 who you should be blasting.

bear513....cool it.

What did Jesus say ?

He said "Render unto Ceasar what is due Ceasar". End of story. What part of that don't you fucking understand.
They were talking about taxes and tithes. He did not say obey Caesars laws before gods laws.

Nobody said he did. He said give the government what is due the government and give God what is due God.

He was saying pay taxes and obey the laws of the land. Jesus himself, from what I understand, didn't start his ministry until he was 30 because that was the law of the land (that is what I recall someone telling me anyway).

I have never read that. For example, John the Baptist was his very same age and was already in ministry when Jesus began.

From what I recall it had something to do with his committment to apprenticeship which was tradition but had some basis in law.

Like I said....I was told that....I don't claim to be an expert so I am open to correction.
My father was a minister. I heard that sermon a number of times. The fact remains that Jesus opposed unjust governments. He did not and does not require us to follow unjust laws or crooked leaders.

Folks this is all too common in Leftist Churches, I regret to tell everyone. Personal sin is nothing to these people, especially if it is sexual in nature. The REAL sin is all political and they then take Jesus along for the ride. That's all.

That's why IM2 can be a Happy Fornicator, brag about how he at least "wore condoms" while happily fornicating, say HE would not abort his babies but hey, what the heck, everyone else can and he has no problems with it

It's a sad state for Christianity but he's happy to be the Most Righteous Political Christian of all

I reject it out of hand

Um yes I know, they were the same age, and John the Baptist was already in ministry and had a substantial following when Jesus started His ministry. So if it were "illegal" to minister before the age of 30, John would have been illegal and the Bible would have presumably mentioned this. But I have never heard of such a law anywhere.

How drunk are you at the moment, because I never denied Jesus was John's cousin nor his age. Do try to keep up

You said he was the same age..

Guarantee Leftist Political Christian IM2 thinks homosexuality is awesome too. Homosexuality, Fornication, killing babies--all cool.

But opposing Government Healthcare---yowzers that's the REAL SIN cause we know it's all over the Bible, y'all

Feel sorry for these folks as the time runs out. I do. I really do.

Dude he was the same age. They were approx. five months apart. In the world of adulthood, that's the same age. They would have been 30 together for months and months and months

Guarantee Leftist Political Christian IM2 thinks homosexuality is awesome too. Homosexuality, Fornication, killing babies--all cool.

But opposing Government Healthcare---yowzers that's the REAL SIN cause we know it's all over the Bible, y'all

Whatever... if it comes from WHITEY, then he hates it.

Never seen anyone before here on this board spend so much time posting crap about how BAD whitey is.

Maybe he should move to Africa. I'm sure he'd love it there in some little village in a mud hut in the middle of nowhere where there WASN'T ANY WHITE PEOPLE.

Dude he was the same age. They were approx. five months apart. In the world of adulthood, that's the same age. They would have been 30 together for months and months and months

Read the bible, people thought John was the savior, he wasn't, he trashed the waters/ paved the way for God.

bear513....cool it.

Dont mess with me when it comes to the bible..

Read the bible, people thought John was the savior, he wasn't, he trashed the waters/ paved the way for God.

Okay bear you must be just right about that, youuuuu betcha. Oh wait were you trying to make some kind of point?

bear513....cool it.

Honestly in my experience, people who say this know a little about the Bible. People who know more about the Bible would never say this, because they know how much they DO NOT know

Whatever... if it comes from WHITEY, then he hates it.

Never seen anyone before here on this board spend so much time posting crap about how BAD whitey is.

Maybe he should move to Africa. I'm sure he'd love it there in some little village in a mud hut in the middle of nowhere where there WASN'T ANY WHITE PEOPLE.

What does that even mean? A black person carried jesus cross

bear513....cool it.

Honestly in my experience, people who say this know a little about the Bible. People who know more about the Bible would never say this, because they know how much they DO NOT know

Uhm because I was a bible scholar, and quit for a bit when the devil got to close

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about some things where there is nothing specific.

In the bible it specfically gets after those who have sex outside of marriage.

In the bible it tells us to respect the government.

White conservative christians still give more to charity than your black communist ass ever will
Probably not. I've given 32 years of work to charities when I could have used what I had to make a lot of money. I have done a whole lot more that write a check for money I can get back after I file taxes.

Really. Were those charities the Federal Government?

Is that what Jesus was into--high taxes going to overbloated bureaucrats? Huh, who knew

Since Jesus said render under Caesar what is Caesars… But the federal government is not considered a charity. OBTW, aren't you a school teacher? Where does the money come from to fund schools?

Not the government is it? And certainly your school doesn't apply for any federal government grants do you?

What kind of confused mess is this? Can you find a point and stick to it?

You are propping up a Leftist viewpoint wherein money is funneled from the taxpayer to the federal gov't and given out to POOR PEOPLE for their basic needs. That has nothing to do with the school system, first, and second, was NEVER a system Jesus endorsed. He said YOU feed the poor, YOU visit the sick and lonely, YOU tend the needy. Not the govt.

Conservatives believe this too, which is why we believe charity should be a private enterprise, not take the form of gov't goonery. So again. What is this mess you're blabbering about?

Sue, Jesus said it was every persons obligation to help the poor. And since the government is made up of people government is required to abide by the same rules.

"The earth is the lords and the fullness thereof."

This means everything on earth belongs to god and is subject to gods rule of law. That means governments. And if you don't think so, ask pharaoh whose government refused to obey god and most of it's leadership ended up at the bottom of the Red Sea. Ask the king who saw the writing on the wall that told him his government had been judged by god to not have obeyed his laws, who died the next morning after hearing the words written. Your leftist this and leftist that excuse for your sorry self righteous beliefs are just inaccurate interpretations you use to justify a dark heart.

When you studied the bible like I did for 6 months, going to church all the time, waking up shitting in your pants, puking like hell passed out one night had to go to the hospital and get two IVs in ya..

You know you got to close to the truth.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about some things where there is nothing specific.

Again, the bible does not tell us to respect an unjust government.

White conservative christians still give more to charity than your black communist ass ever will
Probably not. I've given 32 years of work to charities when I could have used what I had to make a lot of money. I have done a whole lot more that write a check for money I can get back after I file taxes.

Really. Were those charities the Federal Government?

Is that what Jesus was into--high taxes going to overbloated bureaucrats? Huh, who knew

Since Jesus said render under Caesar what is Caesars… But the federal government is not considered a charity. OBTW, aren't you a school teacher? Where does the money come from to fund schools?

Not the government is it? And certainly your school doesn't apply for any federal government grants do you?

What kind of confused mess is this? Can you find a point and stick to it?

You are propping up a Leftist viewpoint wherein money is funneled from the taxpayer to the federal gov't and given out to POOR PEOPLE for their basic needs. That has nothing to do with the school system, first, and second, was NEVER a system Jesus endorsed. He said YOU feed the poor, YOU visit the sick and lonely, YOU tend the needy. Not the govt.

Conservatives believe this too, which is why we believe charity should be a private enterprise, not take the form of gov't goonery. So again. What is this mess you're blabbering about?

Sue, Jesus said it was every persons obligation to help the poor. And since the government is made up of people government is required to abide by the same rules.

"The earth is the lords and the fullness thereof."

This means everything on earth belongs to god and is subject to gods rule of law. That means governments. And if you don't think so, ask pharaoh whose government refused to obey god and most of it's leadership ended up at the bottom of the Red Sea. Ask the king who saw the writing on the wall that told him his government had been judged by god to not have obeyed his laws, who died the next morning after hearing the words written. Your leftist this and leftist that excuse for your sorry self righteous beliefs are just inaccurate interpretations you use to justify a dark heart.

Taxes do not equal charity

Learn the difference

Again, the bible does not tell us to respect an unjust government.

Of course it does , give to ceasar what is his

Why are you following me around trolling off topic posts?
You scared?

Can't answer a simple question?

Since this is not the race and racism section, I won't be answering ridiculous questions by a person so afflicted with white fragility that he's following me around asking dumb ass questions.
Seems as though you're the fragile one here, whining about whitey asking questions apparently you can't answer.

Go to the race and racism section, ask the question and you will get the answer you so duly deserve.
I know all I need to know about you already. You're a racist. You hate white people.

Feelings mutual, you POS.
Yawn! The expected temper tantrum.

Forum List

Back