Vengeance - Retribution - Fight Fire with Fire:?

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Several people at USMB who I respect and admire even if we have some minor crossing of the swords now and then are of a mindset that its time for Republicans to starting giving as good as they get from the Democrats.

Others, and I have been one of them, have supported taking the high road and not stooping to the dishonesty and destructive if not evil ways of the left.

But after some soul searching and reading a lot of theory and commentary, I now find myself on not all that steady a fence.

The Democrats used--possibly staged--a riot on January 6 to persecute, prosecute, and ruin the lives of multiple people who would never have been charged with anything if they had been Democrats or operatives working with them.

The Democrats impeached President Trump twice without allowing him due process and without giving ANY evidence that he was guilty of any crime.

The Democrats raided Mar-a-lago and homes of other Republicans in the cover of darkness but always with media present when no such treatment has been done to any Democrat, many of whom were guilty of crimes far more serious than anything Trump has been accused

And so far we have just taken it.

But now with the egregious militarization of the courts to try to convict, bankrupt, jail, humiliate, ruin Trump on the flimsiest of evidence and the most minor of crimes for whom no Democrat is ever charged, have Patriots/fair minded Americans had enough? Would we be reducing ourselves to their level of hatefulness, ugliness, lawlessness if we did to them what they have done and/or doing to us?

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord.

But what if nobody had fought against Germany and the Third Reich?
What if nobody had retaliated against Japan and their attack on Pearl Harbor and aggression against their neighbors?
What if law enforcement hadn't made the effort to take out the Mafia and other organized crime?
What if Israel had just sat back and allowed Hamas to destroy them as Hamas is pledged to do?

There is such a thing as a justified war even though innocents with of necessity be harmed, injured, killed.
There is such a thing as rising up and fighting against evil where it exists.

John David Danielson thinks now is the time for those on the right--Republicans, Patriots, Independents, libertarians--who hate the evil the Democrats have been doing to rise up and give them some of their own medicine. There is no other way to stop them.

After Trump’s Conviction, Republicans Should Do To Democrats What They Did To Him

BY: JOHN DANIEL DAVIDSON

". . .Put bluntly, Republicans have to make Democrats play by their own rules. They have to inflict pain ruthlessly on Democrats with endless show trials and lawfare, just as Democrats have done to Trump. The leftist radicals who run the Democrat Party only understand power, and they will only stop when they are force-fed their own medicine over and over. . ."

IS HE RIGHT?

its time for Republicans to starting giving as good as they get from the Democrats.
Yes GOD only since 2008!! After Bush beat the Democrats the 2nd time Democrats have gone FULL gutter politics while the GOP gas bags in congress stood there and took the beatings. The SCOTUS revamp and historic tax cut was the only win, of course Trump had to lend them a spine to pull that win across the finish line.

We'll see if the GOP spine of the past few days lasts or turns back to wet noodles.

Several people at USMB who I respect and admire even if we have some minor crossing of the swords now and then are of a mindset that its time for Republicans to starting giving as good as they get from the Democrats.

Others, and I have been one of them, have supported taking the high road and not stooping to the dishonesty and destructive if not evil ways of the left.

But after some soul searching and reading a lot of theory and commentary, I now find myself on not all that steady a fence.

The Democrats used--possibly staged--a riot on January 6 to persecute, prosecute, and ruin the lives of multiple people who would never have been charged with anything if they had been Democrats or operatives working with them.

The Democrats impeached President Trump twice without allowing him due process and without giving ANY evidence that he was guilty of any crime.

The Democrats raided Mar-a-lago and homes of other Republicans in the cover of darkness but always with media present when no such treatment has been done to any Democrat, many of whom were guilty of crimes far more serious than anything Trump has been accused

But now with the egregious militarization of the courts to try to convict, bankrupt, jail, humiliate, ruin Trump on the flimsiest of evidence and the most minor of crimes for whom no Democrat is ever charged, have Patriots/fair minded Americans had enough? Would we be reducing ourselves to their level of hatefulness, ugliness, lawlessness if we did to them what they have done and/or doing to us?

What if nobody had retaliated against Japan and their attack on Pearl Harbor and aggression against their neighbors?
What if law enforcement hadn't made the effort to take out the Mafia and other organized crime?
What if Israel had just sat back and allowed Hamas to destroy them as Hamas is pledged to do?

There is such a thing as a justified war even though innocents with of necessity be harmed, injured, killed.

John David Danielson thinks now is the time for those on the right--Republicans, Patriots, Independents, libertarians--who hate the evil the Democrats have been doing to rise up and give them some of their own medicine. There is no other way to stop them.

After Trump’s Conviction, Republicans Should Do To Democrats What They Did To Him

". . .Put bluntly, Republicans have to make Democrats play by their own rules. They have to inflict pain ruthlessly on Democrats with endless show trials and lawfare, just as Democrats have done to Trump. The leftist radicals who run the Democrat Party only understand power, and they will only stop when they are force-fed their own medicine over and over. . ."

IS HE RIGHT?
Another waste of bandwidth.

Bring it on or don't. You're going to lose either way. Why? Your ideals are shit and so are your leaders.

Donald Trump sayeth, Vengeance is Mine

It's in the Bible, ask any Christian conservative.

IS HE RIGHT?
OMG, the stupid is so deep in this post It's almost painful!!

Democrats "staged" your insurrection?

tRump's impeachments were done by the book, the only issue was that the republican failed to hold him responsible for his crimes.

"militarization of the courts"? Are you nuts? He got so much special treatment it's shocking. Anyone else, And I do mean ANYONE, would have been jailed for 30 days the first time he violated the gag order.

And you or I would be in federal prison for holding and sharing secret nuclear information, not out running around bad mouthing the prosecution.

Your whole post is one long delusional screed of brainwashed babbling nonsense.

What is it going to take to bring you morons back to reality?

IS HE RIGHT?

...has it ever occured to you that if Jan 6th rioters and Trump didn't break the law they wouldn't be convicted in a court of law, by jury of peers?

Don't like getting convicted for crimes? DON'T COMMIT CRIMES.

Go ahead dumbass rightwingers, "payback" Democrats by finding crimes, charging people for those crimes and proving it beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.

We've been waiting for a long time now.

10zeynepSub-master768.jpg

Last edited:
Not just Trump's DOJ, the states need get in on the action. How many Biden administration lackeys are responsible for American citizens being murdered by the open borders policies? They need to go hog wild, until whiny liberals finally call uncle and we can close the door those morons opened for a decade or two.

Interesting that Google is suppressing almost all internet commentary that is critical of the trial. But if you know where to look, it's out there.

This is an interesting piece that describes the issue well if it doesn't exactly call for 'war.' It closes with:

". . .The commentator Megan Kelly, who seems to have definitively boarded the Trump train, is right that Thursday’s verdict represents “a before and after moment for America. It is a line we can’t uncross.” She is also right that what the country needs now are real fighters, people like Steve Bannon, host of the War Room. Horace Walpole once observed that “No country was ever saved by good men because good men will not go to the length that may be necessary.” I think it is worth bearing that clarifying, if unsentimental, bit of practical wisdom in mind." (Emphasis mine.)

That's a hard pill to swallow for me. I want to think good men are what saves countries. But was Horace Walpole and is Roger Kimball right:?

Time. That's how it works with cults. There is no changing their minds from the outside.

Some ultimately get past it, many don't.
Question is when will YOU “get past it”?

You’re a third rate accountant, certainly no social philosopher….More like a clown.

Again getting around Google's suppression of damaging commentary on the trial:

Jonathan Turley lays out the holes/issues with Bragg's case and Merchan's handling of it in a brilliantly written piece here. He is not advocating that Patriots go to war but believes it will be overturned at the state or federal level based on the mishandling and dishonesty of the case from the outset.

After listing most of the errors all of us witnessed, he closes his argument with:

". . .These are just a few of the appellate issues. There are other challenges, including but not limited to due process violations on the lack of specificity in the indictment, vagueness of the underlying state law and the lack of evidentiary foundation for key defenses like “the legitimate press function.” They are the reason why many of us view this case is likely to be reversed in either the state or federal systems. None of that is likely to dampen the thrill in this kill in Manhattan.

But if Biden wins the election before this conviction is overturned, history’s judgment will be deafening."

Why do you children have such a reflexive need to use all your little variations of "Maga" in each post, anyway?

Is it so the ignorant and uneducated can identify one another easily?
It's the assigned term to use to discredit the acronym any way they can, and as dutiful little parrots they use it.

Elie Honig, well know NJ Prosecutor and pretty much a 'never Trumper' also weighed in with a laundry list of prosecutorial error:

She closes her commentary with:
". . .“No man is above the law.” It’s become cliche, but it’s an important point, and it’s worth pausing to reflect on the importance of this core principle. But it’s also meaningless pablum if we unquestioningly tolerate (or worse, celebrate) deviations from ordinary process and principle to get there. The jury’s word is indeed sacrosanct, as I learned long ago. But it can’t fix everything that preceded it. Here, prosecutors got their man, for now at least – but they also contorted the law in an unprecedented manner in their quest to snare their prey."

(emphasis mine)

Forum List

Back