White House Confirms It's Purging Disloyal Employees 'From the Bowels of the Federal Government

Trump...as usual...conflates loyalty to the country (or the office of the president) with loyalty to him, personally. Perhaps that should be fealty.

Can't recall this sort of things happening before. I wonder if this means combing Facebook and private lives?

White House Confirms It's Purging Disloyal Employees 'From the Bowels of the Federal Government'

The White House this week confirmed it is combing through federal agencies to identify employees not sufficiently loyal to President Trump to facilitate their ouster, sparking concerns the administration could run afoul of long-established civil service laws.

The administration is examining employees throughout the government to find anyone taking action officials decide represents an effort to undermine Trump, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said on Fox News Monday. Gidley did not specifically mention career employees, who are statutorily protected against political retaliation, but did note the “millions” of individuals agencies employ. By contrast, there are only about 4,000 political appointees in government.

“It’s not a secret that we want people in positions that work with this president, not against him, and too often we have people in this government—I mean the federal government is massive, with millions of people—and there are a lot people out there taking action against this president and when we find them we will take appropriate action,” Gidley said.

His comments followed reports in Axios that the administration maintains “deep state” hit lists of employees to fire and the president has tasked the head of the Presidential Personnel Office, Johnny McEntee, to purge “bad people” who are not loyal to him. The latter report mentioned only political appointees, who serve at the pleasure of the president and can be dismissed at will, but Gidley’s comments this week appeared to go further.

“Time and time again we see in the media reports from people in the bowels of the federal government working against this president,” he said.

Gidley added that unelected federal workers were pushing “their own selfish political agenda” rather than advancing and executing Trump’s.

The latest comments do not mark the first time the Trump administration has stretched the limits of what is allowable under civil service protections. The number of federal employees proving their agencies took prohibited personnel practices against them reached an all-time high in Trump’s first year in office, according to the Office of Special Counsel. The State Department’s inspector general released two reports this year finding that the department illegally engaged in the political targeting of career employees. Federal law prohibits agencies from discriminating against any employee on the basis of political affiliation, or for any federal official to “coerce any applicant or employee to engage in political activity, or to retaliate against such individuals based on partisan politics.”
Trump should have come in prepared to fire EVERYBODY hired or promoted by Obama

That's wrong. Their first duty is to the United States.
Uh...No.

Every employee has a superior.

Donald Trump is superior only to mental institution inmates with the worst cases of insanity. Like GOP lawmakers.

Elaborate without ad hominems.

You first.
Thanks for admitting you never read my posts.
Nassau County and NYC are exploding with commercial and residential expansion.
Almost every major city in the US is suffering from an expanding economy; and it’s destroyed your narrative.

They are readying themselves for an invasion of Indians after Donald Trump's vacation.

I fail to see what all the hullabaloo is all about. Getting rid of people is common in any company or an organization. I spent half my life in the military and witnessed many firings and hirings when a new commander or leader took over. When the new boss comes in, he spends a good amount of time observing, talking to people and gauging the overall situation. Then he begins changing and replacing people until he gets the team he needs to operate with. Apparently Trump is merely fine tuning his administration to suit his needs and is pissing off people who need to be pissed on.
ORANGE MAN BAAAAAD!

I fail to see what all the hullabaloo is all about. Getting rid of people is common in any company or an organization. I spent half my life in the military and witnessed many firings and hirings when a new commander or leader took over. When the new boss comes in, he spends a good amount of time observing, talking to people and gauging the overall situation. Then he begins changing and replacing people until he gets the team he needs to operate with. Apparently Trump is merely fine tuning his administration to suit his needs and is pissing off people who need to be pissed on.

Is Donald Trump rejecting prospective recruits with bone spurs?

You’re a boob. This is the way you handle a health crisis.

The Obama Administration's Ebola Response

I posted a link for you because you are obviously too damn lazy to do any research. Now take your fat finger and press the link. You will learn something.

Are you equating a virus that requires the exchange of bodily fluids with something that can be spread by a sneeze?

Which do you think would be easier to contain, idiot?
Exactly. As I explained to John, Jesus himself could not calm the masses. This is basically the Spanish Flu part 2. We are more advanced now so hopefully we find a vaccine soon.
You don’t like the Ebola comparison look at the response to SARS is 2002 and compare to Trump’s ineptitude today.
I hope you have a back up camera with the speed you are backtracking.
Are you equating a virus that requires the exchange of bodily fluids with something that can be spread by a sneeze?

Which do you think would be easier to contain, idiot?
I am comparing the responses moron.
Hey halfwit, stop dodging...........do you think it is more or less difficult to deal with a virus that you have no idea how it is spread vs a disease that REQUIRES THE EXCHANGE OF BODILY FLUIDS.

Simple question.................which I'm sure you won't be able answer.
Listen dimwit, you don’t like the Ebola comparison look at SARS and the response.

I know you are probably in the sixth grade and not that old , but when the Ebola crisis hit, there was fear of a pandemic and Obama worked to contain the fear. Compare to Trump who is just causing more panic that is reflected in the market.

Think about it before responding with your usual knee jerk stupidity.

Ok, once you catch your breath from running around moving the goal post.......howsabout you explain in great detail the difference between the SARS response and what we are looking at today.

GO!

(WHO THINKS THIS WILL BE THE END OF HIS RESPONSES):iyfyus.jpg:
I guess I was right your responded with your usual knee jerk stupidity. You just can’t help yourself.
No answer. Exactly what I expected.

your game is weak.

Not exactly. If they are political appointees then yes, they serve at the pleasure of the president. Otherwise - they serve their country, their agency, or the office of the president. If they are not political appointees they are protected by civil service laws from political retaliation.

All in the executive branch are there to serve the president and further his policies, if they can't do that, they need to go. Period, mic drop.

That's wrong. Their first duty is to the United States.
Uh...No.

Donald Trump is superior only to mental institution inmates with the worst cases of insanity. Like GOP lawmakers.
Unpossible

I
Uh...No.

You first.
Almost every major city in the US is suffering from an expanding economy; and it’s destroyed your narrative.

They are readying themselves for an invasion of Indians after Donald Trump's vacation.
Do you ever have anything relevant to post?
By the way, everybody with a functioning brain loves Trump; that counts you out.

Not if the bone spurs are better than his.

Yeah, how dare Trump purge people actively undermining him and his agenda.

The nerve!

Grow the fuck up, asshat.

:lol: love the maturity level of the Trumpists!

Loyalty tests and political purges....not surprising you support them.

What I find disturbing is the progressive left's apparent approval of unelected, unaccountable people deciding what US foreign policy should be.

The PEOPLE elect the President, and the President sets policy. Elections have consequences, unless you are part of the ruling elite.

If you would like to see where that ends look up Russia when it was run by the Bureaus in the 1500's and 1600's.

It's not good for the people.

You oppose Putin telling Trump what US policy should be?

Pootins putz in the White House was obummer. Your hero.

Putin now owns the greatest Putz of all Putzes and the greatest Putz there will ever be, comrade Donald Trump.

If only you had evidence of that. So far the available evidence proves you to be an imbecile.

Obummer, your hero, let pootin run roughshod over Ukraine. Trump hasn't.

Obummer, your hero, allowed pootins troops to violate US Areas of Operation. Trump allowed our troops to kill them.

So, a thinking person, which leaves you out, comes to the obvious conclusion that obummer did his masters bidding while Trump has stopped pootin wherever possible.

What I find disturbing is the progressive left's apparent approval of unelected, unaccountable people deciding what US foreign policy should be.

The PEOPLE elect the President, and the President sets policy. Elections have consequences, unless you are part of the ruling elite.

If you would like to see where that ends look up Russia when it was run by the Bureaus in the 1500's and 1600's.

Putin now owns the greatest Putz of all Putzes and the greatest Putz there will ever be, comrade Donald Trump.

If only you had evidence of that. So far the available evidence proves you to be an imbecile.

Obummer, your hero, allowed pootins troops to violate US Areas of Operation. Trump allowed our troops to kill them.

So, a thinking person, which leaves you out, comes to the obvious conclusion that obummer did his masters bidding while Trump has stopped pootin wherever possible.
But....but...that badass Barry Hussein sent the Ukraine blankets to fight off the Russians.

Hell if I were him I'd have booted everyone left from Barry's administration. All Presidents do it.

They get rid of the hangers on and bring in their own people.

Hell if I were him I'd have booted everyone left from Barry's administration. All Presidents do it.

They get rid of the hangers on and bring in their own people.

Rump doesn't know enough Lobbyists to cover all the positions.

Trump...as usual...conflates loyalty to the country (or the office of the president) with loyalty to him, personally. Perhaps that should be fealty.

Can't recall this sort of things happening before. I wonder if this means combing Facebook and private lives?

White House Confirms It's Purging Disloyal Employees 'From the Bowels of the Federal Government'

The White House this week confirmed it is combing through federal agencies to identify employees not sufficiently loyal to President Trump to facilitate their ouster, sparking concerns the administration could run afoul of long-established civil service laws.

The administration is examining employees throughout the government to find anyone taking action officials decide represents an effort to undermine Trump, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said on Fox News Monday. Gidley did not specifically mention career employees, who are statutorily protected against political retaliation, but did note the “millions” of individuals agencies employ. By contrast, there are only about 4,000 political appointees in government.

“It’s not a secret that we want people in positions that work with this president, not against him, and too often we have people in this government—I mean the federal government is massive, with millions of people—and there are a lot people out there taking action against this president and when we find them we will take appropriate action,” Gidley said.

His comments followed reports in Axios that the administration maintains “deep state” hit lists of employees to fire and the president has tasked the head of the Presidential Personnel Office, Johnny McEntee, to purge “bad people” who are not loyal to him. The latter report mentioned only political appointees, who serve at the pleasure of the president and can be dismissed at will, but Gidley’s comments this week appeared to go further.

“Time and time again we see in the media reports from people in the bowels of the federal government working against this president,” he said.

Gidley added that unelected federal workers were pushing “their own selfish political agenda” rather than advancing and executing Trump’s.

The latest comments do not mark the first time the Trump administration has stretched the limits of what is allowable under civil service protections. The number of federal employees proving their agencies took prohibited personnel practices against them reached an all-time high in Trump’s first year in office, according to the Office of Special Counsel. The State Department’s inspector general released two reports this year finding that the department illegally engaged in the political targeting of career employees. Federal law prohibits agencies from discriminating against any employee on the basis of political affiliation, or for any federal official to “coerce any applicant or employee to engage in political activity, or to retaliate against such individuals based on partisan politics.”

Good. I would purge them too.

On one hand, it feels like McCarthy all over again. On the other, why would career employees want to stick around when a walking, talking incompetent orange meat stick runs the government? It's a dilemma. Oh well, they'll likely make better money in the private sector.

Good. I would purge them too.
No need to purge the experienced help, unless you are wanting to do something crooked without getting caught. If that is the case, you do indeed need to get rid of people and replace with people glad to look the other way.

Just commies with bone spurs.

I

You first.

Do you ever have anything relevant to post?
By the way, everybody with a functioning brain loves Trump; that counts you out.

Why do I need anything relevant when you would respond to posts you consider irrelevant.

Russia has consolidated its hold over Eastern Ukraine with comrade Trump's collusion.

The selection of the color red for MAGA hats was not a random decision.

Forum List

Back