Why is jesus not a jew in churches?

And exactly what is it about Judaism and Chritianity that you think is so mutually exclusive that one cannot observe the religious practices, and even beliefs, of both?

That is an interesting question. But it seems to me that Christianity is in itself based on the acceptance of Jesus as messiah. That would be anathema to the following of Judaism. The only religion I know of which is consistent with pretty much every other is Buddism.
Yep.

I wonder, can there be Christian Muslims? How about Christian Muslim Jews? Atheist Muslim Christian Jews?

:lol:

One time, at a Mardi Gras party, we had a "king cake" and one of my Jewish friends was the one who found Jesus. :lol:

king-cake-2.jpg

Why are you speaking for Judaism when you have no knowledge in this area?

Not for the same reason that you speak about Christianity, which you have no understanding of at all. Fox has much insight to add, you not so much.

That is an interesting question. But it seems to me that Christianity is in itself based on the acceptance of Jesus as messiah. That would be anathema to the following of Judaism. The only religion I know of which is consistent with pretty much every other is Buddism.
Yep.

I wonder, can there be Christian Muslims? How about Christian Muslim Jews? Atheist Muslim Christian Jews?

One time, at a Mardi Gras party, we had a "king cake" and one of my Jewish friends was the one who found Jesus. :lol:

king-cake-2.jpg
Did she (he) have to host the part next year? That's the tradition.

Yep.

king-cake-2.jpg
Did she (he) have to host the party next year? That's the tradition.

Is it? I didn't realize...No he did not host the next years' party, but we all had a good laugh the rest of the night.

Some of you people speak about the details of Christianity as though all Christians were on the same page about their religion.

They're most definitely not.

The "Trinity" is a perfect example of that.

Not every Christian believes in that.

Hell there are branches of Christianty that don't believe Jesus was devine, too.

Of course the RC chruch did its best to create and impose their dogma on the rest of Christendom but they failed to end the debates.
Jehovahs witnesses don't believe that Jesus was a god, just the messiah.

You're an ass.

What a douche bag :cuckoo:

Very simple.

True jewish heroes when being tortured and executed -- "Hear O'Israel The Lord Is Our G-D The Lord Is One."

Jesus -- "Why have you forsaken me?"

Any questions?

I don't have a question. I'm not sure what your point is.

Jesus said, "Why have you forsaken Me" because He was referring to that passage in Psalms which continues with the exact description of Jesus on the cross.

He didn't want you to miss it.

It also points at Jonah and Jonah's prayer, showing how He was demonstrating that as well.

Kind of a lot in one little phrase, don't you think?

Psalm 22:
"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.

6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 “He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”

9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
13 They gape at Me with their mouths,
Like a raging and roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.

16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced[c] My hands and My feet;
17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.
18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.

19 But You, O LORD, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
20 Deliver Me from the sword,
My precious life from the power of the dog.
21 Save Me from the lion’s mouth
And from the horns of the wild oxen!

You have answered Me.

22 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
23 You who fear the LORD, praise Him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.

25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the LORD.
Let your heart live forever!

27 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations
Shall worship before You.
28 For the kingdom is the LORD’s,
And He rules over the nations.

29 All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to the dust
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive.

30 A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this."

and Mike, if you don't think Jesus suffered enough to pay for your sins, it's okay because all of heaven knows that He did.

Don't forget, there were a few hours that He went through that nobody that contributed to the Bible witnessed.

I pray nobody else that I know and love goes through anything like that. But I thank God that He did.

You're an ass.

What a douche bag :cuckoo:

Very simple.

True jewish heroes when being tortured and executed -- "Hear O'Israel The Lord Is Our G-D The Lord Is One."

Jesus -- "Why have you forsaken me?"

Any questions?

I don't have a question. I'm not sure what your point is.

Jesus said, "Why have you forsaken Me" because He was referring to that passage in Psalms which continues with the exact description of Jesus on the cross.

He didn't want you to miss it.

It also points at Jonah and Jonah's prayer, showing how He was demonstrating that as well.

Kind of a lot in one little phrase, don't you think?

Psalm 22:
"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.

6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 “He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”

9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
13 They gape at Me with their mouths,
Like a raging and roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.

16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced[c] My hands and My feet;
17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.
18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.

19 But You, O LORD, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
20 Deliver Me from the sword,
My precious life from the power of the dog.
21 Save Me from the lion’s mouth
And from the horns of the wild oxen!

You have answered Me.

22 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
23 You who fear the LORD, praise Him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.

25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the LORD.
Let your heart live forever!

27 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations
Shall worship before You.
28 For the kingdom is the LORD’s,
And He rules over the nations.

29 All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to the dust
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive.

30 A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this."

You left out the first sentence.

Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 22

Chapter 22
1. For the conductor, on the ayeleth hashachar, a song of David.

This was King David talking and had nothing to do with Jesus. The subject was Israel.

and Mike, if you don't think Jesus suffered enough to pay for your sins, it's okay because all of heaven knows that He did.

Don't forget, there were a few hours that He went through that nobody that contributed to the Bible witnessed.

I pray nobody else that I know and love goes through anything like that. But I thank God that He did.

You think that G-D is a liar?

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

If Jesus was born in Jeruselem then he is Jewish right? But, in every church I have visited both Black and White he is not as the bible describes: woolly hair, brown skin. Instead he is a White man. Why is that?

??Where do you think you found a Biblical description of Jesus' physical appearance? I hope you aren't pretending Revelation 1:13-16 is an actual physical description of Jesus when it is describing a VISION! On top of which it is the COLOR of His hair being described -not the texture. And gee, if you think that meant Jesus must have had woolly hair then don't you find it equally odd that Jesus is never described in any church as having red, bloodshot eyes based on these same verses?

1:13 - And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
1:14 - His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire;
1:15 - And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
1:16 - And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.

Theologians for the most part believe Jesus was a Galilean Jew, therefore Semitic and would look like someone of Middle Eastern descent. There are only three races and Semitic people and those of Middle Eastern descent are Caucasians -white. As are Hispanics, Greeks, Italians, Swedes and those of Germanic descent etc. etc. etc. Even while they are some distinctive ETHNIC differences between all these people that largely resulted from geographical influence (sun/no sun) and reproducing within one's group - no ethnic difference ever changes a person's race.

Research it and decide for yourself. I personally believe Saul was a jew but Jesus was not. Christianity in its true form has been corrupted by many different groups but the jews have been the most successful and unfortunately dominant.

Research it and decide for yourself. I personally believe Saul was a jew but Jesus was not. Christianity in its true form has been corrupted by many different groups but the jews have been the most successful and unfortunately dominant.
then you are ignorant of the bible
it clearly states that Jesus was a Jew

then you are ignorant of the bible
it clearly states that Jesus was a Jew
"During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. When Jesus was in Judea, it was not the "homeland" of the ancestors of those who today style themselves "Jews". Their ancestors never set a foot in Judea. They existed at that time in Asia, their "homeland", and were known as Khazars. In none of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew". The term originated in the late eighteenth century as an abbreviation of the term Judean and refers to a resident of Judea without regard to race or religion, just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same.

Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers"." Jesus was Not A Jew

Forum List

Back