Rubio vs. Athiest

Our country was founded on freedom of religion and not Christian, , and also we never became Judeo Christian until Israel became a state. I wish they would get history right.

Were you born stupid or did you become stupid when Israel became a state?

I have no intention of watching the video. but no potential president should make religion part of his campaign.

You're afraid to watch Rubio Christian answer to an atheist's question after you elected a muslim to be president? This is why prog morons shouldn't be allowed to vote....ever.

afraid? er... no. I have no reason to.

no presidential candidate should make religion an issue. that's prohibited by the constitution.

aside from the fact that the president isn't a muslim, I don't care what religion anyone has or no religion at all so long as they don't try to enact it into law like the radical religious right keeps trying to.

No it's not prohibited to talk about religion or make it an issue. What is prohibited is the government establishing a religion.

What kind of an attorney are you that you don't understand the Constitution?
No one believes she's a lawyer.

I have no intention of watching the video. but no potential president should make religion part of his campaign.

You're afraid to watch Rubio Christian answer to an atheist's question after you elected a muslim to be president? This is why prog morons shouldn't be allowed to vote....ever.

afraid? er... no. I have no reason to.

no presidential candidate should make religion an issue. that's prohibited by the constitution.

aside from the fact that the president isn't a muslim, I don't care what religion anyone has or no religion at all so long as they don't try to enact it into law like the radical religious right keeps trying to.

No it's not prohibited to talk about religion or make it an issue. What is prohibited is the government establishing a religion.

What kind of an attorney are you that you don't understand the Constitution?

One who knows you haven't a clue.

I confess that I don't know a thing about Rubio. I don't really pay attention to second tier candidates, until they get picked as a VP candidate, which may very well happen to him.

I confess that I don't know a thing about Rubio. I don't really pay attention to second tier candidates, until they get picked as a VP candidate, which may very well happen to him.

Once Trump finally implodes (and it won't be long), you'll see Rubio climb to the top of the hill...and he'll BURY the fat old criminal Hilly in a hole so deep she'll never to heard from again.

Once Trump finally implodes (and it won't be long), you'll see Rubio climb to the top of the hill...and he'll BURY the fat old criminal Hilly in a hole so deep she'll never to heard from again.

As I said, don't know much about Rubio, but I DO know about Cruz, and Rubio can't be worse than him. Unfortunately, Cruz is going to get the nomination. I say, "unfortunately", but none of them really is much better, so I guess i don't really care which one Hillary defeats in the end.

As I said, don't know much about Rubio, but I DO know about Cruz, and Rubio can't be worse than him. Unfortunately, Cruz is going to get the nomination. I say, "unfortunately", but none of them really is much better, so I guess i don't really care which one Hillary defeats in the end.

Cruz is a snake I couldn't vote for unless it were him and Hildabeast.... Rubio is a bright guy, a blue-collar guy, who is handsome and a physical presence. The office requires an energetic and clever young man in these times and I've decided he's my candidate. Check him out. Oh and btw, he speaks fluent spanish and can steal the hispanic vote from the dems...

I see. god created us with flaws, tells us that none of us are without sin, and then blames us for sinning.

Every night, my kids and I say prayers at their bedtime. I have raised them to say thanks to God each day for at least two things for which they are grateful. I have raised them not to ask for anything from God, because God knows their needs. Asking for something from God is placing an expectation on God, and that inevitably will lead to disappointment.

I think this is what is at the core of most atheists' resentments. They have expectations of God, and are angry he does not meet their demands.

One night, while the kids were getting ready for bed when they were very small, they started playing around and began swinging on a curtain over our back door. Of course the curtain rod eventually bent and the curtain fell to the floor.

At that exact moment, I arrived at the top of the stairs and looked down and saw this ridiculous scene. I impulsively shouted at my children, "What the hell is wrong with you people?!"

Do you think they felt like kneeling down and saying prayers with me after that?

Nope. No they didn't.

Until...

Until I remembered that I knew any children I might have would not be perfect. I knew before they were born they were going to make mistakes.

I had them anyway.

And you know what? No matter how angry they might make me sometimes, no matter what mistakes they might make, it does not change the love I feel for them one bit.

So here's the crucial thing you must understand. Their destruction of the curtain had created a gulf between me and them.

But as they are the children and I am their father, it was up to me to close that gulf between us with my love and forgiveness.

Understand?

That's what Jesus' sacrifice represents. God is reaching across the gulf of our sins and bringing us back to him. All we have to do is accept that. He knew before He created us we would be imperfect, and it does not change the way He feels about us one bit.

Simple.

So I asked my kids, "Okay, you didn't know that would happen, but now you have learned a little something about the laws of physics. So you won't ever do that again, right?"

Then we all happily knelt down and said our prayers.

I have not replaced that curtain rod. I straightened it as much as possible and put it back up. I will ask to be buried with it, because it is a holy relic to me as much as the Cross.

I had a boss like that once.

There's a better Boss out there.

You are overthinking it, 5000. We are not angry with god. That would be like being angry at Superman for not coming to the rescue.
That is an expectation atheists have. Atheists want God to banish all crime and war and disease. They want him to rescue us from ourselves. Since he doesn't meet their demands, they mistakenly conclude he does not exist.

So yes, atheists are angry at God. I spent many years as a member of an organization that was overwhelmingly atheists. Very intelligent people. Way above average in intelligence. But angry and depressed to the core. I've never seen such a high rate of people on SSRIs. :D

It was that which finally drove me away from them.

If Rubio or Kasich are the GOP nominee, I will vote.

Otherwise, not.

Provide evidence that the divine doesn't exist;

This is an argument from ignorance fallacy.
That means a whole lot coming from a serially disingenuous douche bag like you, next time try quoting the entire sentence.:rolleyes:
Even in context, it is still an argument from ignorance.

MAN: There are blue fairies on the dark side of the moon.

SKEPTIC: You have no evidence there are blue fairies on the moon.

MAN: Provide evidence there are not blue fairies on the moon. Your denial of blue fairies is as much a belief as mine.

That means a whole lot coming from a serially disingenuous douche bag like you, next time try quoting the entire sentence.:rolleyes:

MAN: Provide evidence there are not blue fairies on the moon.
Yes, I realize that you share a brain with Michael Moore but if you'll learn to read you'll notice that I was throwing the poster I WAS RESPONDING to own appeal to ignorance argument back in his face.

Run along now... I'm sure your village is missing it's idiot.

TTFN

Yes, I realize that you share a brain with Michael Moore but if you'll learn to read you'll notice that I was throwing the poster I WAS RESPONDING to own appeal to ignorance argument back in his face.

No. You weren't. When someone makes a claim (there is a God), the skeptic asking for evidence is not making an argument from ignorance.

TTFN
Sorry but you're dead wrong. Atheism is not a faith. Perhaps you need to review the definition of both words. You have shown zero arguments for appealing to ignorance except on your own behalf you have provided them.

I'm a theist. I read the bible every day, and attend church once or twice a week.

However, as a former atheist, and one who walked among them, I understand the atheist's skepticism.

I think where the faithful fail is in the claims they make about the nature of God. Once one makes a claim about how God intervenes in the Universe, then evidence must be provided. Telling someone to "look at the miracle of a baby or a tree" just isn't good enough.

My own personal conversion experience is not reproducable. As a man of science, that's very frustrating. :D

But because my conversion experience is not reproducable, I do not waste my time trying to convince skeptics of it as fact. It is perfectly understandable they could not believe what cannot be empirically proven.

I don't think God turns all the traffic lights green for you if you are late to work. Some people think that's how God works, and that's fine. But I think that kind of belief is the result of selective memory.

I also don't think God should intervene to prevent wars and whatnot, as the atheists would have him do. You have to let your kid fall down once in a while so they can learn to walk on their own. If you carry them everywhere, what is their real quality of life ultimately going to be?

We cannot get to where God wants us to be unless we all get there together. And there is only one way that will happen. We have to learn by shared experience.

Where atheists fail is in their examination of the lives lived by believers. If a guy goes to church but gets falling down drunk on Saturday night and beats his wife, that kind of hypocrisy drives an atheist crazy. I get that.

Faithfulness is about the constant striving to be better than we are. If a person continually beats their wife, they are not walking the walk, and I will be right there with you to chastise him. Or if a maniac thinks it is God's will that he fly an airplane into a building, I'll be right there with you to call him one stupid, evil motherfucker.

But if a man beats his wife, and then repents and seeks counseling or whatever it takes, then he is walking the walk.

Nobody is perfect. Expecting a believer to be perfect is pretty stupid.

Last edited:

TTFN
Sorry but you're dead wrong. Atheism is not a faith. Perhaps you need to review the definition of both words. You have shown zero arguments for appealing to ignorance except on your own behalf you have provided them.
If it takes faith to believe something, it's a faith. You very likely have no evidence for a secular cause, SO if you believe it, you are acting in faith. It may not have all the dogma and doctrines but it's still a faith.

TTFN
If it takes faith to believe something, it's a faith.
Atheism is not a belief. It's a lack of belief. You have been through this all before.
You very likely have no evidence for a secular cause, SO if you believe it, you are acting in faith.
A secular cause in what?
It may not have all the dogma and doctrines but it's still a faith.
Wrong again.

Last edited:

TTFN
If it takes faith to believe something, it's a faith.
Atheism is not a belief. It's a lack of belief. You have been through this all before.
You very likely have no evidence for a secular cause, SO if you believe it, you are acting in faith.
A secular cause in what?/QUOTE] It may not have all the dogma and doctrines but it's still a faith.
You can play cute word games your whole life but it doesn't change the FACT that if you believe something unproven it is an act of FAITH.

If you don't believe in a creator but do believe in a secular cause you do so by faith. If you are uncommitted you are an agnostic.

Forum List

Back